Firm Value Statement: I believe that mediation is extremely valuable and that no matter should go to trial without a good faith attempt at mediation. I have believed this for most of my professional life, in fact I took the mediation training and participated in mediations as an attorney and as a mediator prior to becoming a judge. I recall being the mediator in some bankruptcy cases and attending mediation on behalf of my clients.
Having served as the final arbiter for almost 20 years and witnessed the kind of anguish and disruption, as well as great expense, that parties experience in litigation, I know that their lives and health would be better served by reaching an agreement, if possible, in which they have some real participation. We have always known that people do better and are more likely to keep their agreements and follow court orders when they participate in a meaningful way in the outcome.
So if I do my job properly, the parties will be able to reach knowledgeable and fully educated decisions regarding their matter and leave knowing that they have weighed the risks and consequences and have chosen what is best for them.
Alternatively, I am available to parties outside of mediation to try their cases fairly and expeditiously.
Education and Degrees
- University of Miami, BA
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Board Law School, JD
- Approved Senior Judge
- Certified Mediator
Other Professional Licenses
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member of the Governor’s Florida Children and Youth Cabinet (CYC)
- Chair of Policy Impact Committee (CYC)
- Member of The Florida Supreme Court Committee on Families and Children
- Board Member, First Family Law Inn of Court
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Institute