Firm Value Statement: My Firm is committed to the non-court resolution of family disputes, and assisting couples to end their marriage without court intervention. I am a trained Collaborative Family Lawyer and a Certified Supreme Court Family Mediator. As an Appellate practitioner for over 20 years, I have seen the positive outcomes from the Collaborative Divorce Process, and truly believe in its method.
The Collaborative Divorce Process encompasses the legal, the financial and the emotional aspects of ending a marriage (partnership) estate. While each party has an attorney to represent him /her, the parties’ participation in the resolution of their dispute is welcomed and respected. The children issues applicable to the family are also addressed during the process. Collaboratively trained financial professionals and mental health facilitators are members of the collaborative team. My staff and other members of the Firm are also dedicated to the collaborative method. The collaborative divorce emphasizes personal privacy from the public and is a confidential process. It helps to preserve family relationships while settling a family dispute with dignity and mutual respect.
I became a Certified Supreme Court Mediator in 2000. Three years later, I became a Collaborative Family lawyer. Since that time, I have attended and participated in the Collaborative Trainings both locally and nationally, and am a member of the IACP. Now more than ever, I am convinced that the Collaborative process is the healthiest way in which to resolve a family dispute.
Education and Degrees
- Collaborative Family Lawyer, basic training November 2003.
- Intermediate Collaborative Law Trainings 2004, 2006-present.
- IACP, Member
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Court Mediator. November 2000-present.
- University of Miami, School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida. Admitted to the Florida Bar, December 1980. Admitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, March 1981.
- University of Florida, School of Education, Gainesville, Florida. – Master of Mathematics Education. March 1974.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida. Bachelor of Science in Mathematics. December 1972.
Other Professional Organizations
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Miami Dade Chapter President 1993-94.
- Coral Gables Bar Association, President 1997-98.
- State of Florida appointed Commissioner on the Status of Women, 1998-2007.
- Former Member of the Florida Bar Family Law Rules Committee, Appellate Law Rules Committee and the Committee for the Celebration of the 1st 150 Women Lawyers.
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc., former Board Member
- CHARLEE of Dade County, Inc., former Board Member
- Gablestage, Inc., Board Member
- The Collaborative Family Law Institute, Board Member
- University of Miami CancerLink, Member
- Kidside, Inc., Member
- Temple Judea of Coral Gables , Member