Collaborative Financial Professional
I started Florida Forensic Accounting in 2018 to provide quality and ethical forensic accounting services, using a personalized approach not always provided by larger firms.
The largest portion of my practice is comprised of family law matters. I have extensive experience in divorces resolved through litigation, mediation or the collaborative process. The collaborative process offers a way to achieve a settlement that best meets the specific needs of both parties and their children without the underlying threat of litigation.
My business valuation and economic damage experience includes a variety of assignments with closely held businesses and professional associations in industries such as health care, retail, manufacturing, distributors, auto dealerships and service. I’ve rendered services for matters involving family law, business damages, personal injury, shareholder litigation, estate and gift tax, buying and selling businesses, and breach of contract.
In personal injury matters, I provide analysis and projections of losses including earnings capacity, benefits and social security. My litigation assistance ranges from simple schedules, graphs, or charts to self-contained reports complete with all analysis, graphs, and charts.
- BS, Business Administration—Finance, University of Florida
- Postgraduate Accounting coursework, Nova-Southeastern University and Florida Atlantic University
- CPA: Certified Public Accountant—American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- CBA: Certified Business Appraiser—Institute of Business Appraisers
- CVA: Certified Valuation Analyst—National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- “Valuation, Alimony & Double Dipping,” Commentator, The Florida Bar Family Law Section, vol. 25, no. 5, winter 2011.
- “Valuation, Alimony & Double Dipping,” Business Appraisal Practice, Institute of Business Appraisers, Second Quarter 2010.
- “Dealerships: Estate Planning Takes on New Urgency,” DealersEdge Car Dealer Insider, May 1, 2009.
- “Can Duff & Phelps Be Applied to the Very Small Company?”, Business Appraisal Practice, 2nd Quarter 2009.
- “Dealerships: Is It Still a Good Time for Estate Planning?”, Driving Profits, March 2009.
- “Sanity Checks: How? When? Why?”, Financial Valuation and Litigation Expert, no. 17, February/March 2009.
- “Dealerships and Estate Planning: Why Now Is the Right Time,” Professional AutoNEWS, vol. 26, no. 1, January 2009.
- “Applying Duff & Phelps to the Very Small Company,” Business Valuation Update, vol. 14, no. 10, October 2008.
- Coauthor of course titled Economic Damages, Institute of Business Appraisers Inc., 2004.
Lecturer / Instructor
- Guest Lecturer, Collaborative Family Divorce Class, Nova Southeastern University Dept of Marriage & Family Therapy, Essentials of Effective Team Building and the Role of the Financial Neutral in Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice, 2019 & 2020
- Economic Damages: An Actual Case Study, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, 2015.
- Economic Damages, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Institute of Business Appraisers, Inc., 2004.
- Discounts and Premiums: When & Why, Atlanta, The Institute of Business Appraisers Southeast Chapter Meeting, 2003.
- Expert Testimony on Common Errors and the Use of Transaction Data, Orlando, FL, The Institute of Business Appraisers National Business Valuation Conference, 2003.
Quotations and Citations
- Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples, 4th ed., Shannon P. Pratt and Roger J. Grabowski, John Wiley, 2010.
- Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples, 5th ed., Shannon P. Pratt and Roger J. Grabowski, John Wiley, 2014.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Forensic & Valuation Services Section
- Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Valuation, Forensic Accounting, & Litigation Services Section
- The Florida Bar – Family Law Section
- Broward County Matrimonial Lawyers
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts / The Institute of Business Appraisers
- Collaborative Family Law Professionals of South Florida – Treasurer
- Florida Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Raymond Miles Foundation for Business Appraisal Research – Former Board Member
- Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida – Former Treasurer & Finance Committee Chairperson
- Notre Dame Club of Fort Lauderdale, Member
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Former Wish Grantor
- Downtown Fort Lauderdale Transportation Management Association – Former Advisory Board Member
- Fort Lauderdale Evening Rotary Club, Former Member
Alfred and his wife live in Plantation, Florida. Their blended family includes three grown children. Having recently purchased a fixer upper home, they spend a lot of time on gardening and other home projects and can assure you they always cost more and take longer than anticipated. They also enjoy biking, traveling and spending time with friends and family over good food and wine.